A different journey


At the end of 2019 we started this trip, in conjunction with my older sister we took a plane that left us in Peru, when we arrived in Lima the airport did not have air conditioning and there was 98% humidity with fantastic 35 degrees Celsius, so we walked 3 meters and were full of sweat, the worst thing was that we had to wait 12 hours for the next flight, so we decided to go to the bar... to rest and drink water, obviously jiji

We arrived in Mexico, after 25 hours of travel!

It was Christmas, so the whole city was full of ornaments, lights and carols. We visited many churches, all had gold ornaments and paintings from the time of the Spanish Conquest. The museums were from another world... the Museum of Anthropology, was the one I liked the most, it was giant, they had textiles, ceramics, bones, books, animals and there was an exhibition of Lucy, so it was very entertaining and I learned a lot. I could not go to the pyramids of Tenochtitlan, because it was very expensive, but we went to the pyramids of Teotihuacan, we knew the pyramid of The Sun and The Moon, which in total had 365 steps.

                       



Raspberry flavor with HABANERO
We are vegetarians and we do not like spicy. All the food had meat, lemon and spicy, the fries had lemon and minced meat! the candies and ice cream were spicy!... So we ate for almost a month only pizza of mushrooms, cereals and salads, because when we ordered something meatless, they looked at us ugly and said, "We don't have that choice."

The only vegetarian option

                               
Mexicans are usually kind, although they constantly told us we were talking very quickly. For the New Year we realized that Mexico is a very party country, everywhere they sold alcohol and there was loud music, we drank something called "limonete" that was similar to the "michelada" that is known in Chile, but the "limonete" has spicy and salt ALL INSIDE THE GLASS and is served in a disposable glass of 2 liters.


It is time to go and as a farewell we went to the Japanese garden to have a picnic day, we met the Flyers of Chapultepec. It was a good end to our adventure. It was the best vacation because I learned and got to know many beautiful places, also because I went with my best friend, my sister... 










Comentarios

  1. wow 25 hours of travel sound so much, but I think it was worth it. I think Mexico is a country with a lot of things to do there and you took advantage of that.
    I'm vegetarian too but I love spicy food... I think everyday pizza doesn't sound very bad haha. You visited that place with the best company <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That sounded like a really fun vacation! I would love to go to Mexico too, my sisters live there and I really miss them :(, they also told me that mexican people speak way slower and "cantadito" than us! I love their accent because of that haha :)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My career, love and hate

My cat

Corpses and bones